Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Our crazy summer

   Well I haven't updated our blog in about a month and a half.  Let's see..what have we done all summer?  
    The last weekend in July I had my annual cabin party at Candlewood Lake with my college roommates.  We had our 10 year college reunion this summer (wow, when did we get so old?).  Five of the eight of us girls made the cabin party and all of our babies so it was a fun time.
    The first weekend in August we headed to Lake Norris, TN with my mother-in-law's side of the family, the Tuemlers.  This year there were 8 great-grandchildren (7 of which are boys!).  We had fun with all Jeff's cousins and Harper had her first boat ride.
     The second weekend in August the kids and I headed to Richwood, OH to hang out with my mom and dad.  Carson loves to ride the gator with grandpa Eric and see all the cows in the fields. I also got to visit with my family and some of my high school friends, which was nice.
     Then we decided to close out our summer by going to Boston, MA over Labor Day weekend for my cousin Alice's wedding on the Hoffman side.  It was definitely hard traveling with two kids and Boston was not a kid friendly city.  There literally were no changing tables in any restaurant and no where to nurse Miss Harper.  (Oh yeah, Harper will no longer take a bottle so it makes for interesting travels!)  All in all the kids did good on the trip though until we had a 8 hour delay in the Boston airport flying home on Labor Day!  I also ran out of diapers so it was definitely an interesting night.  Let's just say we didn't arrive home until 4am with two babies who had barely slept all day.
    Harper is now sleeping 12 hours straight, 9pm to 9am!  (yes, I know I am extremely lucky and this is totally not normal).  She is such a laid back baby and goes with the flow, its great.  Trust me we would not have been traveling as much as we did this summer if she wasn't such a good baby.  Carson started 2 year old preschool last Thursday.  He is going two days a week for 3 hours.   He seems to enjoy it when I pick him up and its nice to have some one on one time with Harper while he is there. 
    So that was our crazy summer.  Hopefully we can settle down a bit now!

    
Me, Stephy D, Julie, Beti, & Steph P (my college roommates) at the cabin
Our babies: Carson, Lucas, Cooper, Abby, & Emily
Carson & his captain Daisy at Candlewood Lake
Harper fell over while I was trying to take this picture but it made it look like she was laying on Daisy, ha
Miss Harper in the adorable outfit Stephy P got her.  It says "Harper Cae"

Carson at Lake Norris, TN ready to ride the boat
Harper 1st boat ride (notice her laying down) and Jeff's Aunt Diane & cousin Matthew at Lake Norris
Silly Harper
The Tuemler great-grandchildren: Brody, Andrew, Brian, Carson, Matthew, Harper Nathan & Justin
Harper with her Aunt Jaimie
The Tuemler family at Lake Norris
Carson with Grandpa Eric on his gator
Carson has to get in every shot I try to take of Harper, ha
Harper is starting to hold her head up
Happy girl! She loves to smile

Harper was 3 months on August 23
 Naked girl

Mom & I in Boston Harbor
This is the yacht my cousin Alice got married on in Boston Harbor (they had 3 weddings on this thing)
My babies in our hotel in Boston
Carson in Boston Harbor
He loved these shades he got in Quincy Market

My Hoffman family on the Duck tour boat/bus
Lance's girlfriend Michelle, Harper, & I at Alice's bridal shower
Mom & I with the bride to be, my cousin Alice
Carson napping with his Boston lobster
Harper ready for Alice's rehearsal dinner (we found these bow sandals on the streets of Boston, hilarious)

Lance & Michelle with Harper at rehearsal dinner


My family ready to board the yacht for the wedding
Thank goodness Harper slept during the ceremony


Carson was a dancing machine at the wedding reception, ha
Frog park in downtown Boston.  It was only about 8 inches of water all around so kids could play in it
Carson enjoying Frog park
Carson's first day of preschool
He has to  have a backpack, too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment