Friday, June 22, 2012

Harper will be 1 month old tomorrow.  I can't believe how fast a month has flown by.  I think the time goes even faster with your second child because you are busy chasing the older one around and don't get all that one on one time.  So far Harper Cae has been a wonderful baby.  I hate to jinx things but she has been a quiet baby for the most part and a great sleeper. She has been sleeping 6 hours straight at night for the last week so I'm hoping that last!  She has some wild hair that doesn't like to lay down but I think it gives her some personality.  haha

Carson is adjusting pretty well.  He is doing things to get our attention nonstop and I feel like every time I sit down to nurse he wants something, but I guess that is to be expected.  Carson is at a great age though with wanting to help me so he gets Harper's blankies for me, rocks her in her swing, and uses her burp cloth to blot her mouth.  ha  He is becoming much more independent since the baby so I guess that is a good thing.  

All in all we are adjusting well.  Boy, how different things are with your second baby.  With Carson I didn't leave the house for the first 6 weeks and with Harper I was out running around after a week.  Last weekend (at 3 weeks) we drove 4 hours with the kids to my college roommate's wedding in Marietta, OH.  My mom and dad came with us to babysit so that was nice.  Harper did well traveling.

Below are some pictures from our first month with Harper.  I don't know who she looks like?  Sometimes I see my dad in her because of her crazy hair but sometimes I see my sister-in-law Julie in her too.  I was scared I couldn't love a second child as much as I loved Carson but I already do :)

Introducing Miss Harper Cae
Born: May 23, 2012
(these newborn pictures were taken when she was 6 days old)









Mommy & Harper after she was just born
 Grandma Pam meeting Harper for the first time
 Grandma Gina
 Grandpa Gary
 Grandpa Eric
 Jeff and his baby girl
 Carson meeting his sister for the first time
 Carson came back the day after Harper was born and he was ready to hold her
 The Big Brother
Our first family of four picture :)
 Harper finally at home with her mohawk
 Just hanging out her first week
 Memorial Day - 4 generations of women in my family (my mom, Harper's great Grandma Irons, & Harper)
 Carson hanging out with daddy at Grandma Wulfeck's pool
 Carson is already watching over his little sister
 Carson had to get in every picture I was trying to take of just Harper, ha
 He loves to hold his sister but has to work on the squeezing!
 Happy little Harper
 Father's Day - Jeff & his little buddy
 Jeff's first Father's day as a daddy of two
Our family of four :)
Harper loves to sleep with her arms out like this, ha
 Harper on her 4 week birthday

 I finally got a picture of her smiling!




No comments:

Post a Comment