Last week was a scary week. Last Monday I was in a car wreck (I slid on the ice outside of our subdivision and into another car). After the accident I was admitted to the hospital for 5 hours for monitoring and was having slight contractions. They gave me some Breathen to stop everything and then sent me home. Well this past Thursday I had a follow up appt. from my wreck and went to my doctor and found out I was 4cm dilated. I guess I was having contractions all day but didn't realize they were serious. They admitted me to the hospital for 24 hours and gave me Procardia pills to stop my contractions (they were only 5-6 minutes apart). They also gave me steroid shots to develop the baby's lungs in case he comes early. I finally stopped having contractions Friday morning so they let me come home on severe bed rest all weekend.
Monday I went back to the doctor and he lifted some of my restrictions. Now I am on "limited" bed rest and am allowed to work from home but I have to take it easy. The doctor said the baby could come any day or he could come in another 2 or 3 weeks so now I guess it's just a waiting game. Tomorrow marks my 36 week mark (you are supposed to carry the baby for 40 weeks for those who don't know) so if I start having contractions now they are just going to let me deliver. Wish us luck! Maybe we will have a Christmas or New Year's baby!
1 comment:
The blog looks great Hil! You did an awesome job. Hope you're feeling well this week. We can't wait to meet little Carson!
Post a Comment